Our World – Our Responsibility
At Nidacon we, like so many others believe that we are all responsible for the footprint we leave on this earth and we should all do our best to make this imprint conscious, meaningful and as small as possible.
We want to contribute to a sustainable world by taking responsibility for our impact on society, the environment and the people of our planet. We believe that through strategic work with CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility), we can strengthen our ability to identify and prevent potential harmful effects, but above all, create valuable opportunities for our own business and society as a whole.
This strategy includes:
- having two persons at the company who are well educated in sustainability. By attending seminars, courses, conferences and workshops on the subject we continue to keep ourselves updated and inspired;
- being members of a regional sustainability association called CSR Västsverige, which is Sweden’s largest multidisciplinary CSR network;
- taking responsibility for helping children that are born into less fortunate situations since we work in the field of fertility and help couples reach their dreams of having babies. Therefore we support the organization We Care, which strives to improve the lives of women and children in Nepal;
- reducing the impact of transports from Nidacon and thereby addressing climate change. Our main logistics partner is UPS and since we transport products all over the world we compensate for the carbon emissions caused by these transports through being part of the UPS carbon neutral program.This means that we support emissions reduction projects that help mitigate the climate impact every tonne of carbon dioxide a parcel from Nidacon produces in transportation. Nidacon’s carbon dioxide emissions are measured every month (1,2 – 1,9 tonnes/month. The emissions for a return trip from Gothenburg to Stockholm in a car like Volvo V70 are 0,12 tonnes)and reduced to net zero through the program;
- compensating for all our other transports by using the measurements made by the carbon neutral program and recalculating them to include these other transports. The emission reduction project chosen for emissions caused by all other transports is WWF’s project to protect and preserve the forests of Borneo;
- using electricity only from renewable resources;
- recycling all our garbage;
- offering all our employees healthcare benefits